Remember the time when you were in primary grades, and the entire schools used to have only a handful of computers in the centralized lab? Well, that time has changed. Children, nowadays, have grown up in the world of ground-breaking technological environment. This advancement of technology has propelled some of the best IGCSE schools in Bangalore and other parts of the country to adapt to the interactive learning methods. According to a survey conducted by The National Council of Educational Research and Training in 2017, “school children who interact more ardently in classroom discussions and read stuff beyond textbooks are more likely to learn better than others.”
Interactive learning refers to a more hands-on and relevant process of relaying knowledge in classrooms. This method encourages students to interact with each other and with the subject matter rather than sitting on the desks as passive learners ready to take notes from the blackboard. Making interactive education a better experience for both teachers and students, technology plays a vital role in shaping the face of education.
Let’s look at some of the practical, interactive teaching styles to help your child learn effectively-
- Visualization- Make dull textbook content visually appealing by incorporating technology like photos, videos, and audio clips.
- Cooperative Learning- Promoting small class activities like conducting scientific experiments or acting out short drama skits.
- Incident Process- Teaching children to solve real problems with real people by providing them details from actual incidents.
- Buzz Sessions- Bringing children together in small groups to present ideas and thoughts on a given topic.
- Writing Tasks- Assist kids with a writing assignment and encourage them to share their drafts with peers for a review.
The methods mentioned above helps your child to become active members of the class while expanding their knowledge and communication skills. Keep reading to know more about the advantages of interactive learning techniques-
- Enhances perceptive thinking and problem-solving skills-
- In addition to engaging kids, interactive learning sharpens critical-thinking skills in the child and makes them ready to face real-world problems with ease.
- Develops communication and interpersonal skills-
- Plunging kids in interactive games and activities, interactive learning helps in developing strong communication, leadership, and teamwork skills in the child.
- Increases concentration-
- The most effective and engaging form of learning, interactive methods, increases the concentration power in a child to complete the given tasks with utmost dedication.
- Promotes creativity-
- Interactive learning methods usually involve creative activities, like writing, painting, storytelling, etc. This helps in encouraging the creative abilities and innovative thinking of the child.
- Makes education fun-
- With so many activities and games involved, interactive learning takes education away from the four walls of the classroom and makes it more fun and enjoyable for the child.
In conclusion, rather than keeping your child bounded with the traditional ways of education, practice interactive learning techniques to help your child prosper in their career ahead by developing relevant life-ready skills. You can also choose some of the best CBSE schools in Bangalore or elsewhere for your child that provide a practical learning experience with interactive forms of education.